Below is a partial list of Ordinances within the City of Norwood, OH
For a complete list see Norwood Ordinances, click View Code then go to Part 3 Traffic or Part 5 General Offenses.
351.03 PROHIBITED STANDING OR PARKING PLACES.
(a) No person shall stand or park a vehicle, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or to comply with the provisions of this Traffic Code, or while obeying the directions of a police officer or a traffic control device, in any of the following places:
(1) On a sidewalk, curb or street lawn area, except a bicycle; (A.O.)
(2) In front of, or within three feet of, a public or private driveway. If the vehicle being parked is owned by and registered to the owner of the private driveway, then such vehicle can be parked closer than three feet from the driveway, as long as the vehicle is not obstructing the driveway.
(3) Within an intersection;
(4) Within ten feet of a fire hydrant;
(5) On a crosswalk;
(6) Within twenty feet of a crosswalk at an intersection;
(7) Within thirty feet of, and upon the approach to, any flashing beacon, stop sign or traffic control device;
(8) Between a safety zone and the adjacent curb or within thirty feet of points on the curb immediately opposite the end of a safety zone, unless a different length is indicated by a traffic control device;
(9) Within fifty feet of the nearest rail of a railroad crossing;
(10) Within twenty feet of a driveway entrance to any fire station and, on the side of the street opposite the entrance to any fire station, within seventy- five feet of the entrance when it is properly posted with signs;
(11) Alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when such standing or parking would obstruct traffic;
(12) Alongside any vehicle stopped or parked at the edge or curb of a street;
(13) Upon any bridge or other elevated structure upon a street, or within a street tunnel;
(14) At any place where signs prohibit stopping, standing or parking, or where the curbing or street is painted yellow, or at any place in excess of the maximum time limited by signs;
(15) Within one foot of another parked vehicle;
(16) On the roadway portion of a freeway, expressway or thruway. (ORC 4511.68)
(17) No person shall park within three feet of, or in such a way as to obstruct pedestrian access to corner ingresses and egresses of sidewalks.(Ord. 45-2002. Passed 5-28-02.)
(b) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of two or more predicate motor vehicle or traffic offenses, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree. (ORC 4511.68)